Gathering and putting together the right technology stack for your software project can be a challenge on its own. The technology stack is usually made out of the right tools, languages, platforms and much more. The tools, platforms and languages you choose can determine the future of your stack and help lead your project to success.
Many questions probably come to your mind here, with the most prominent one being whether Node.js is perfect for the kind of tech development you have in mind. Is the backend framework ideal for your project or not?
In this article, we take a look at Node.js and explain whether it is the right tool for your backend web application development. Go through this article to know whether you can trust Node.js with your work.
Why did you think of Node.js in the first place? Most managers and project leads are led towards Node.js by their project teams. The thinking behind it is to ensure appropriate development and to avoid any intricacies.
Benefits of Node.js
You can find out more about Node.js by understanding the benefits and values that it carries. A recent Node.js User Survey has revealed that the technology has had an extremely positive impact on businesses over the globe. The positive impact has mostly come through reduced node.js development team costs and increased programmer productivity.
We now take a look at the benefits of Node.js development, with an in-depth look at the many reasons why you should go for it.
- Easy Learning Curve: Node.js is extremely easy to use, which is why it is believed that it has an extremely easy learning curve. Developers should know the basic principles of backend development, using which they are good to go.
- Large Community: Node.js shouldn’t be taken lightly, as it has a large community of developers working on the open source platform. The node.js developers on the platform are all ready to pass on solutions and help each other when the time is right.
- Scalability: Perhaps the biggest benefit of Node.js comes in its scalability. The development tool is extremely scalable and is relatively easy to use. Once your business starts growing or your web app has more traffic, you can easily scale with time and take your business with to new heights.
- Great Ecosystem: The entire ecosystem for Node.js is free and good to use. There are over 650,000 packages on codes that are free to use for Node.js.
These are just a few of the benefits of the exciting features that Node.js brings to the table. Once you identify these benefits and start using Node.js, you should be able to see several other exciting features as well.
Where to Use Node.js?
Now that we have described Node.js to you and have outlined the benefits, you can identify areas where you can use the development tool. In this section, we determine some of the areas where you can use Node.js to good effect.
- Real-time Applications: Node.js can be used in real time applications to ensure performance and great speed. Real time messaging is one of the use cases of Node.js. The Node.js environment has the potential to support chatrooms and multiple short messages.
- IoT Applications: Node.js can turn out to be the engine behind IoT applications. The tool is excellent for powering applications on the Internet of Things. First of all, Node.js is extremely powerful, which makes it capable of handling significantly large data flows. Secondly, Node.js can easily be integrated with the protocols followed on IoT. The Node Package Manager also comes equipped with numerous IoT modules, which allow organizations to oversee multiple IoT projects.
- Collaborative Tools: Node.js can also be used in real-time flows that power collaboration tools. Trello, a project management tool used for communication and collaboration between teams, is based on Node.js. Trello benefits from the non-blocking and event-driven model by Node.js and updates immediately.
- Data Streaming Apps: Data streaming web applications can also be powered using Node.js. Streaming involves the exchange of large amounts of data in single batches, which require expertise and the secure environment of Node.js. Netflix, a pioneer in streaming applications and one of the most popular web apps today, is powered by Node.js.
- Scalable Applications; Organizations looking to build scalable applications that can be grown with time can benefit from Node.js. Scalability is the call of the hour and Node.js delivers on just that through exceptional services. Uber chose Node.js as its trusted backend support option and has benefited a lot due to the scalability it offers.
Node.js is gradually growing into the world’s most trusted options for backend development and support. Following the points mentioned above, you’ll have a strong grasp of its best uses.