Next JS Vs. React JS: Choosing the Best Framework for Frontend Development
As a developer, you should always consider the developer’s experience while choosing the right framework for your project. Developers spend a lot of time and effort in finalizing a project, which is why it is highly necessary that they work on a framework that makes the process simpler and easier to manage.
Programmers prefer working on frameworks that make the development process easier for them. As part of this, one of the most important decisions you need to take as a developer is deciding the library or framework that is best for your use. Many developers may find it confusing to make a choice between Next JS and ReactJS.
We have worked with both these web development frameworks and have had first-hand experiences with the feasibility they provide in front-end development. Knowing the versatility of the systems, it is of extreme importance that developers know both development platforms in full, and use them accordingly.
In this article, we take a look at both ReactJS and Next JS. We study the web development frameworks and their related technologies to eventually help offer the best solution for your development project.
What is Next JS?
The interface for Next JS allows users to create static websites and interactive applications in one place. The solution allows you to create out-of-the-box solutions for your web development project. Additionally, Next JS comes with all the features a developer would need to create their applications and generate interest from users.
Next JS is used for developing:
- Marketing websites
- Landing pages
- eCommerce websites
Advantages and Disadvantages of Next JS
Next JS comes with the following advantages and disadvantages:
The advantages associated with Next JS include:
- Faster Development: Next JS helps provide a better development solution that is implementable across all levels. The faster development process allows you to create your minimum viable product in no time and market it to users within your project timeline.
- Excellent User Experience: Next JS is rated among the top front-end solutions for excellent user experience. The user experience aligns with your business objectives and gives you an excellent opportunity.
- SEO Friendly: Next JS is SEO-friendly, which allows you to rank your web pages on social media results.
- Better Rendering: The rendering speed for Next JS is superfast. The framework is able to implement changes on a real-time basis without any delay.
- Built-in CSS: Next JS comes with built-in CSS solutions. You can incorporate CSS styles for better rendering speed.
Disadvantages of Next JS
Some of the disadvantages of Next JS include:
- Community Support: The community support for Next JS is small in comparison to ReactJS. Not many developers are well-versed with Next JS, which is why you won’t find much help when you encounter problems in the development process.
- Routing: Next JS can often be insufficient for most projects. Developers need to create dynamic and innovative routes for certain solutions.
What is ReactJS?
ReactJS is extremely innovative and flexible to use. The platform provides a number of tools and front-end solutions to create your own solutions. ReactJS helps create interactive UI, which appeals to the interests of all users and can offer a customized view as well.
Read:- Reasons behind popularity of ReactJS
ReactJS is a light year above and ahead of most of the other frameworks in the industry today. Facebook uses ReactJS in its own UI. The wonderful front-end display of Facebook is enough to authenticate the solutions offered by the program.
ReactJS is used for a number of solutions, including:
- The development of economy platforms such as Lyft, Uber, and Airbnb
- The development of social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- The development of media platforms like Yahoo
- The development of SaaS tools such as Zapier and Asana
- The development of streaming platforms such as Netflix
Advantages and Disadvantages of ReactJS
The advantages and disadvantages of ReactJS are mentioned below:
Advantages of ReactJS
The advantages of ReactJS include:
- Simple Development: ReactJS can help simplify the development process. The framework uses a limited codebase, without any specific complexities.
- Extended Developers Community: ReactJS has an extensive developer community with solutions for almost every problem the system may encounter. The solutions can be a real blessing for developers stuck in certain complex solutions.
- Components: The components present inside ReactJS are usable in almost every situation while allowing you to load multiple pages without losing their characteristics.
Disadvantages of ReactJS:
The disadvantages of ReactJS include:
- Old Documentation: The documentation process can get outdated quickly.
The right choice of library depends on the project requirements and the business objectives you are following. ReactJS and Next JS are becoming increasingly popular by the day. While ReactJS offers simpler coding and better community support, Next JS comes with better rendering. Study your project requirements and make the call.