The client is a 70 year old furniture manufacturer based out of Wadena, Minnesota, USA. It mainly deals into affordable luxury outdoor patio furniture offered in 30 collections. These include tables, chairs, chaises, loveseats, sofas, ottomans bar and balcony stools/chairs stools made up of durable aluminum, steel, and cast frame. The client is serving various industries such as restaurants, hotels, resorts, hospitals etc.
It offers outdoor patio furniture products to furniture retailers across North America. The company’s sales improved when it patented the Bottemiller’s swivel rocker mechanism in 1956, as this mechanism made the client popular among American households. Today it is on is on a journey to build its future on consumer and contract needs, innovative new products and global opportunities.
The client has multiple Windows applications for internal purposes such as for various categories of the furniture and fabrics. These applications are designed for offering customized products to the customers. The challenges faced by the client are:
- The applications are desktop based and cannot be accessed from anywhere, therefore creating a delay in attending to the requirements and customization of the products
- As these are multiple applications for various functions, there is no single platform to access all of them at one place. The employees have to login separately on all of them to fetch the details.
- Windows applications do not look appealing or user friendly.
- The client wanted only the authorized users to access the new web based applications
- The products were to be better categorized with the addition of Zebra printer that would print the tickets with barcode correctly and attach those with the products for identification.
Oauth 2.0 implementation provides more secured connection while accessing the Java REST APIs from web pages.
As the application is now web-based, hence, Website is accessible from anywhere and well optimized for mobile users too.
Website is now easy to access and loads faster. Users just need one link to open any application to which they are authorized.
Read More Case Studies
"We find your team to be true business partners. Exceptionally responsive, strong domain knowledge, and outstanding at execution."
Chief Integration Officer
"Happy with the performance. The team is self-driving, which is something I’ve had struggles with in the past. Very knowledgeable on the IBMi and requires minimal guidance."
Director of Information Technology
"Every developer we have worked with has been great! They are great at analyzing and making great suggestions, in addition to coding all that we ask for. Even with the time difference, they are always willing to work on "our hours" when needed for deadlines and projects as needed. Thanks for everything!"
Chief Information Security Officer
"The programmers I have worked with have all been great! They think out of the box and make suggestions, and they research and figure things out on their own, which is a tremendous help to me. I would recommend them to any prospective clients you have."
"Great team and still one of the best I’ve worked with on the IBMi/RPG environment"
VP, Commercial Excellence & Digitization
Ken Stewart, PMP, CSM
Vice president of operations & Engineering
PSigen Software Inc.
Onboarding The Programmers.io Team
Software Development Manager
Western National Insurance
Director, Technical Business Systems