Hire Mainframe/Cobol Developers
We are programmers who are experts in both legacy (IBM Mainframe, COBOL, JCL and IBM i/AS400) and modern platforms (Windows, Java, SQL, etc.). We extend your existing team so you can accomplish your goals faster. We offer an industry unique “Don’t pay us if you are not satisfied” guarantee on our work.
Hire Us As Your Custom Cobol Developers
Dedicated Cobol Developers Who Bring Cost-effective, Valuable Support to Match Your Business Needs
Our programmers develop, test, and deploy business applications in COBOL for different operating systems like Z/OS, IBM i, OpenVMS, Windows, etc. Our services include engineering mission-critical applications and systems, modernized interfaces, software security, and ensured availability.
Maintenance & Migration
Our programmers are experts in complete software development lifecycle services. We update and maintain legacy COBOL software, or migrate to newer technologies. Our expertise includes all versions of COBOL, Java, .NET, SQL, and more. We adhere to ISO / IEC standards for COBOL development.
Our programmers have experience in a variety of industries, including banking, finance, insurance, utilities, transportation and more. Hire an expert with experience in your industry’s regulations and standards, plus COBOL expertise to deliver the highest quality software.
Why Cobol For My Project?
A longstanding language that runs many business systems, your business may already use COBOL (common business-oriented language) but as one of the older, tried-and-true languages, you may need experts help with your business protect and scale current systems.
COBOL, a compiled, English-like computer programming language was first designed for Department of Defense operations and adapted for large-transaction and process uses in business. It is imperative, procedural and object-oriented. COBOL-2014 is the latest revision; object-oriented features were added in COBOL-2002. With the advent of newer languages, the demand for COBOL programmers has become competitive. If your business needs mainframe COBOL coders, Programmers.io teams can support you.
Advantages of COBOL;
- Portable, hierarchical, and maintainable.
- Robust with many tools to aid with testing, debugging, and analysis.
- Handles huge processing volumes with ease.
- Still widely used for mainframes in major industries. With billions of lines of COBOL code running systems, coders maintaining the systems keep national and international transportation, insurance, and banking systems up-to-date. Estimates claim over three million programmers code and support it. DevOps reports that even in 2014 reports that 80% of the world’s business run COBOL, though its oldest version is nearly 60 years old. With over 200 billion lines of code in operation, coders add 5 billion lines more annually.
- Still widely used for 80% of critical business applications and even more banking and government mainframes. While it excels in these fields, contemporary COBOL coding requires security maintenance and innovation.
- Easy to read code, its high-level English-like syntax in four divisions. It includes appendices, cross-reference tables, chapters, footnotes and paragraphs. Designed to be self-documenting and to appeal to proponents of readability, it offers 43 statements, 87 functions and one class for portability.
- High portability reduces need for re-compilation.
Technology Expertise (Mainframe and AS/400):
- OS: MVS, OS-390, UNIX, IBM i, Z/OS
- Languages: COBOL, CLLE, JCL, REXX, PL/1, C/C++, Assembler, Java, Fujitsu Cobol, Microfocus Cobol, SAS
- DBs: DB2, DB2/400, IDMS,VSAM, IMS DB,SQL SERVER
- TS: CICS, IMS DC
- Interfaces: MQ Series
- Utilities: Syncsort, Fileaid, FILE MANAGER, ISPW, TSO/ISPF
- Tools: CA7, XPEDITER, Aldon, Turnover, SPUFI, QMF, CA-INTERTEST, FILE-MASTER PLUS, IBM-DEBUGGER, FUJITSU DEBUGGER, ABEND-AID, ZEKE SCHEDULER.
Scale YourDevelopment Team
Programmers.io helps you execute projects by providing trusted Cobol developers who can join your team and immediately start delivering high-quality applications to help your business grow.
Check out our latest publications and research works on Cobol Development: